Wasserturm Swing on Friday!Posted: March 3, 2013
The first dance went real well, so coming Friday there´ll be another try at Wasserturm. Wasserturm is a nice community space and a real 125-year old water tower in the center of the historic Chamisso area in Kreuzberg. It offers 70 square meters of nice wooden floor, a small stage with a piano and full back line, high ceiling with super acoustics and no noise outside because of the extra thick walls of the water tower and a small bar.
Friday, March 8th 2013
at Wasserturm, Kopischstrasse 7 in Kreuzberg (Kopischstrasse on the corner of Fidicinstrasse, 2 minutes from subway station Platz der Luftbrücke)
This time The Savoy Satellites will play, including wonderful singer Ulrike Haller.
DJs will be Marcus ISTF, Sir Stan and Trümmerswing.
Some records I´m going to play:
1. HOAGY CARMICHAEL AND HIS ORCHESTRA, Rockin´ Chair, 1930
2. LIONEL HAMPTON AND HIS ORCHESTRA, Open House, 1940
3. FLIP PHILLIPS AND HIS FLIPTET, Bob´s Belief, 1945
4. NEAL HEFTI AND HIS ORCHESTRA, Coral Reef, 1951
5. BECHET – SPANIER BIG FOUR, Four Or Five Times, 1940
6. TWO BEAT STOMPERS, Herby´s First Blues, 1956
7. KID ORY AND HIS CREOLE BAND, Blanche Touquatoux, 1945
8. JIMMIE JOHNSON AND HIS ORCHESTRA, You Don´t Understand, 1929
9. HENRY “RED” ALLAN AND HIS NEW YORK ORCHESTRA (Vocalist: VICTORIA SPIVEY), How Do They Do It That Way?, 1929
10. ARTIE SHAW AND HIS ORCHESTRA, Serenade To A Savage, 1939